Thursday, January 10, 2013

Aberdeen light, doctor visits, prescriptions, and take-out.

"I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world."
-Louis Armstrong-

Sunsets are always worth stopping to observe. Take time to enjoy the seemingly ordinary because it can make an extraordinary difference in your life.

People in Aberdeen like to light up their buildings. The lights are almost always purple. Interesting, eh?



Last night I cooked Guy Fieri's chicken Marsala. It was lovely! As I was cooking, I could hear that Steve was watching a cooking show. Guess who it was?

Funny coincidence. I tell you over and over, I enjoy the small things in life. Even something this simple was fun enough for me to want to document it with a picture. Why not? 

Oh right, the food. You have to pound the chicken to flatten it out a bit. I asked Steve if he wanted to come slap the chicken and scare the demons out of it. He wouldn't do it. (Ever see that episode of Modern Family? haha)
Mushrooms are like sponges. They soaked up all the butter.

The heat makes them "sweat" it back out as they cook.

YUM!
Today was a rainy day. Frog didn't want to get up, and who am I to disturb the cuteness?

I had my first doctor appointment here. It's slightly different. They don't go through a checklist of questions about you like in the US. He just asked, "So, how are you feeling?" Five minutes later I had a prescription in my hand. I guess sometimes this system shows it's good side. I was there for a total time of 15 minutes! Jealous are you, all ye who are in the States? Dropping off prescriptions is a different experience too. I walked in and handed her the slips of papers. She walked to the back and returned with my prescriptions saying, "Here you go. Okay, thanks. Bye now!" Notice anything... or lack thereof? Right. I didn't pay anything or have to show an insurance card. The insanely high taxes that pay for this are not worth discussing right now. Let's just enjoy the moment.

We didn't make it to Kung Fu tonight. We severely underestimated the time it takes to walk there, and Steve wasn't feeling well so we turned around to head back to the house. 
 
We decided to get Chinese take-out. Of course while we were looking at the menu, that show on TV Supersize vs Superskinny showed the doctor setting out all the Chinese take-out this big guy eats in one week. Steve and I just looked at each other and started laughing. What we should have done, was listen to the TV. We ordered take out from this place called Wonderful Chinese Food. Seriously. Want to know what else is serious? My stomach ache. Worst food ever, except for maybe that time I burned my nachos. Maybe. That "Wonderful" name is total bull poopie. Steve said, "After the soup I thought, 'It will get better', but it didn't. It just didn't." AND.... it took them an hour and a half to get here with the food. Steve and I joked that they had to go to China to get it, but we were WRONG. If they had, in fact, gone to China, the food would have been 10 times better! At least, I imagine it would have been. I've never been to China, but Andrew Zimmerman ate some stuff there that looked pretty good.

I think I'll stick to making my own.

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for a good chinese place, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Fusion.. Best.Chinese.EVER! I always get the squid rings for starters and chargrilled beef for mains. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!