Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Berlin - Hop On Hop Off

Our last day in Berlin was spent on the Hop On Hop Off Tour. You pay about 20 Euros to take a bus around the city. You can get off an any of its stops to check out the area, and then you can get on another bus as one comes every 15 minutes. I didn't think I would really enjoy spending a day like that so we never did this on other holidays, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it and found myself wishing that we had more time. Because our flight was at 4PM, we only had time to ride the bus in the full circle. No hopping off for us!

 Checking out the map!
 Choosing our language!
 Enjoying the sights from the warm and cozy bus.... while also constantly using hand sanitizer because the lady behind me was darn near coughing up her lungs.

Berlin Wall

Checkpoint Charlie



Jewish Memorial

The Brandenburg Gate. I was sooooo irritated when I realized that I was on the wrong side of the bus for this, and the people across from me were certainly not concerned about keeping their windows from fogging more than a space just large enough for them to peer through while the rest of us saw the world pass by in a haze. P.S. Almost every other person on the bus used their sleeves to keep the entire window clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!