Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thinking about a steam mop?

I have recently bought a steam mop. I bought one because:
  • No chemicals (This is better for me and for my dogs, who are always on the floor.)
  • No more buying soaps, so I'm using less resources even with the electricity (I think). 
  • The steam kills most bacteria.
After only one use, I really like it, and I only spent £21.
What I like:
  • No chemicals (as I said)
  • Makes the floor really shiny with very few or no streaks (see below).
  • I can mop almost my entire house on just one tank of water.
  • The water heats in only 60 seconds.
  • It picks up lots of dirt (see below)
  • The pads are machine washable

This area was covered in muddy paw prints.
What I don't like:
  • It takes longer than a traditional mop (but I can live with that)
  • The cord limits use as you have to unplug and change outlets while you move.
  • You have to vacuum/sweep the floors very well because the mop wil just push around hair and large dust particles. This didn't bother me so much either. I just pushed everything to one area and used a tissue to "mop" it up. No biggie. A traditional mop can do the same.

So far so good. Do you have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!