Monday, September 29, 2014

Tiger Balm and how Epsom salt soaks work

Well, there's not a lot going on lately. I pulled two muscles: a lat. during my belt test, and then the hamstring on my other leg during a workout on Tuesday as it tried to compensate for the other pulled muscle. The human body is so complicated. I've been using a foam roller, a tennis ball, stretching, and Tiger Balm.
Source: http://tigerbalm.com/uk/product_type/3
I've missed almost a week of Kung Fu and haven't been running either. I've gone on some long walks with the dogs, but even that hurts. I hate not being able to exercise. It makes me feel out of sorts and sluggish. I guess I have to do it though, or I'll make things worse. Tonight, hopefully a bath in Epsom salts will help. Do you know how an Epsom salt soak works?

According to the Livestrong website (http://www.livestrong.com/article/374005-what-does-epsom-salt-do-for-soreness/), Epsom salts contain magnesium, and magnesium can be absorbed through the skin. As you soak, the magnesium enters the body helping to relax your muscles and flush lactic acid.

1 comment:

I am happy to hear from you!