Monday, July 29, 2013

Forvie National Nature Reserve - Sand Dune Trail

This walk was lovely. Parking is free. We went Saturday afternoon. I'd love to go back. We followed the Dune Trail which was about 3 miles through estuary shoreline, sand dunes, and the beach. If you go, keep following the beach; you will eventually get to another trail sign. Don't worry! We got to see lots of different birds, and we even saw some seals! Well, the seals were actually black dots to us, but they were moving so we knew they weren't rocks. Here is a link providing more information about the reserve.





Those black dots are seals. FYI






I found a friend. Don't worry, he was returned safely to his other friends.
Look! Thistle!

So many people don't realize how prickly thistle is... it hurts!


4 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes the pictures speak for themselves, so I just leave out too much writing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree, but as it is the national flower, I felt compelled to take a picture showing that they do grow here. :o)

      Delete

I am happy to hear from you!