Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Food Poisoning and Fever

Well, I'm finally able to write some. We spent a few days in Romania, and a day or so after we got home, I was struck with food poisoning. I've been sick for days. First it was just discomfort. Then, it was pain for day. Then, well, you know what comes next. Ugh. Misery. From everything I read, I tried to eat normally (although I did eat lighter), and I was constantly drinking water or juice. I read that other drinks packed with sugar such as Gatorade weren't really necessary. One article I read said that women should have at least 10 glasses of water each day, and men should have about 12. Of course, those numbers depend on weight, age, and activity level a bit. At any rate, when you have symptoms of food poisoning that cause dehydration, you are supposed to drink more.

Mostly, I did just that and rested on the couch while binge watching Anime. Hey, we all have our guilty pleasures. I asked Steve to make sure not to share hand towels. I'm not sure what I have, but I read that salmonella can be contagious. I cleaned the bathroom, door knobs, light switches, remote controls, and phones.

After all of that, I woke up at about 9:30 this morning, rolled over in bed and saw Steve.

Me: "What are YOU doing here?"
Steve: "I'm siiiiick."

Yep, he is sick too although not with the same thing I have. He has a fever.

It's times like these when I miss my family more than usual. It was great getting up each morning and having somebody here to share coffee and breakfast.

Cacie in her PJ's taking the dogs out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!