Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Immune system crashing - Advice?

Well folks. I think after being sick for over a week after travels that my immune system has crashed. Now I'm plagued with severe sinus headaches. I take meds when it's unbearable, but I don't like to take too many because after a while my stomach starts to hurt. I can't take vitamin C tablets because the high dosage makes me sick. I was taking them for about 2 weeks once to recover from something, and I got vitamin C toxicity. It was miserable. So that's not an option. I have some immunity boosting tablets. I guess I could take those? Any other ideas? I'm trying to eat healthy... lots of fruits (berries) and vegetables. I can't have oranges. I'm allergic. Seriously, I break out in hives. Crazy, right?

Green tea?

Are there specific fruits and veg that help the immune system (NOT oranges)?

Help! I'm tired of being sick. :(


5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, that's a toughy. I've been told staying in your home makes things worse as you're breathing the same air all day. So maybe some fresh air BUT I know outdoor pollen doesn't help you either :( maybe just a walk around the block a couple of times a day? And I have always been one to drink tea with honey when I am sick. Mornings is black tea and afternoons is green tea. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you have lemons? For a thermos I put hot water, 1/4-1/2 fresh lemon, honey, and cayenne pepper. The vitamin c is just enough, the honey breaks up the congestion and soothes, and the cayenne breaks up the mucous and sinus pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristal SchneiderJuly 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

    I've never heard that before now! You have piqued my interest. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristal SchneiderJuly 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

    I have been getting out. I'm still training in the evenings, but to battle the indoor thing, we do have air purifiers in our lounge and bedroom. I think that helps. :) I'll start adding the honey to the tea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put a little bit of molasses in it if I want to make it breakfast. Hope yo feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!