Saturday, November 29, 2014

"You ain't never caught a rabbit, and you ain't no friend of mine."

Well, my first time hosting Thanksgiving went well. The turkey came out really nice. Kidd Kraddick's Brown Bag turkey recipe was easy and good. My homemade turkey sausage was yummy. The cornmeal worked out well for my dressing, and I think everybody had a good time. It felt just like being with family. :o)

It's been really grey and rainy for the last week (or more?).

 
Steve and I have been taking our Vitamin D, and I've been going out with Angel in the rain, which leads to her getting VERY muddy. After her run in the park, I needed to give Frog some exercise. Remember I said he doesn't walk correctly, and so he drags his claws on the pavement until they are filed to the quick and bleeding? Well, because of that, my friend, Jeri, suggested I put him in the bathtub with some water and make him walk back and forth. Like water aerobics for dogs! I started that, and he was doing really well... until.. Remember I said that Frog has been waking me up super early to poop, and sometimes doesn't make it outside, like he's started having trouble holding it? Ugh, I'm sure you can guess what happened next. Yep, he pooped in the bathtub.

This dog is is really frustrating me. I guess I need to try ANOTHER brand of food. I also ordered one of Cesar Millan's videos about socializing dogs. I hope that it helps me deal with his crazy barking at other dogs. He has improved, but I'm thinking I could do better to help him. The story from one of the cases on the DVD was almost exactly like my story with Frog. We'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!