|The lights that are switched on. There are lots of these lined down Union Street.|
http://www.aberdeeninvestlivevisit.co.uk/winterfestival . The following information came from the two previous links on this page.
Here is a quick look at some things coming up in Aberdeen:
- Christmas Tree Switch On - Date: 28 November - Venue: Union Street
The festivities continue with the Christmas Tree Switch On which has been kindly donated by our Twin Town of Stavanger in Norway. A 30 minute carol service will be held prior to the switch on, where each year the Lord Provost and a special guest light up a beautiful spruce.
- The Christmas Carol Concert - 21 Dec. - David Welch Winter Gardens, Duthie Park
This popular event held in the David Welch Winter Gardens at Duthie Park. Come along and sing to favourite carols at the indoor garden, taking in the rare and exotic plants while listening to the accompaniment of music performed by the talented Bon Accord Silver Band.
- March Hare Craft & Vintage Market - 30 Nov 2013 - Boys Brigade, Crimon Place(just off golden Sq) , Aberdeen City, AB10 1RXThe March Hare Craft & Vintage Market is a regular monthly market in Aberdeen City, Scotland. We feature an eclectic selection of stallholders from vintage fashion to handmade furnishings. Back this month is our popular Vintage Tea Party, hosted by the Boys Brigade, serving teas and coffees as well as pancakes, sandwiches and soups all day.
Opening Days and Times:
Saturday11am - 4pm
- The Trickery - 01 Dec 2013 -
Do you like different nights out? Do you like gob-stoppingly good magic from some of the best magicians in the world? Of course you do! Magic, burlesque, and comedy!
There is only one place and one night where you can see them in Aberdeen!
Opening Days and Times: Sunday
Doors open at 19.30
Show Starts at 20.00 Ticket Information:
Due to the last two shows selling out it is advised to buy tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Link to Event Website: http://thetrickery.co.uk
- Hogmanay Ceilidh - 31 Dec 2013 - Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen
Bring in the New Year in style!
The evening includes Scottish Stovies, music from Clachan Yell, Bucksburn Mini Pipe Band, Solo Piper at the Bells, and a glass of bubbly to bring in the New Year.
Opening Days and Times:
TuesdayStart Time: 19:30Ticket Price: £39.50Tickets are available from the Beach Ballroom on 01224 647647 or by visiting in person.