Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Road trip for Julia's Birthday - Huntly Castle

Today was Julia's birthday so we decided to take a day trip. We started by heading down the A96 toward the Pitstop for breakfast (Blog posts: link1, link2)! Love! Then, we stopped at Touched By Scotland to have a look around. They have some really nice stuff there. Afterwards, we headed to Huntly Castle. If you have a Historic Scotland membership, entry is free. Otherwise, it's only £5.50. It was so much bigger inside than I expected!



















Our next stop was Johnstons of Elgin, a cashmere and woollens shop. There are lots of really nice scarves, sweaters, hats, and blankets. Let's be real though. Most stuff was WAY too expensive for me (£145 for a SCARF?), but I did find a few things that I liked that were in my price range. It's worth a visit. The cafe has really good food. Also, I hear that they have excellent sales in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!