Tectrify Temperature Converter
- Cost: Free
- This app instantly converts between Fahrenheit (to the tenth decimal) and Celsius (to the thousandth decimal). As an American living in the UK where the oven is in degrees Celsius but my recipes have degrees Fahrenheit, I need this often!
iSyncr for iTunes to Android
- Cost: £3.00
- Syncs your iTunes library from your desktop to your Android using either wifi or a USB connection. It's really easy to use. Install the app on your phone. Then, install the application on your computer. You can import your entire iTunes library including music, album covers, podcasts, and video. If you don't want every song, you can create a playlist on your computer and only import that playlist to your Android device. I'm really pleased with this app. Don't forget to keep both the Android and desktop apps updated.
MyFitnessPal and MapMyWalk
- Cost: Free
- I'm listing these two together because they work well together. MyFitnessPal is a great way to keep track of what you are eating/drinking every day and the amount of calories in those items. I lost 6lbs in 2 months (I exercise frequently but didn't change that routine, just watched my calories.) using this. It provides caloric guidelines for you to follow depending on your selection of weight preference: lose, gain, or stay. It's easy to use. You can scan barcodes and the nutritional information will pop up with a choice of the number of servings you had. Many recipes are also easily found, especially as users continue adding the information. If you can't find something, you can create your own recipe and then enter the number of servings you had. The nutritional information is calculated as you add each ingredient via the database or barcode scanning.
- Cost: < £1.00/year
- This app is great for families who live in different countries. It allows you to send text and multimedia messages internationally with no fees. It works with wifi. It syncs with your contacts in your phone, so even if you don't use your mobile to call international numbers, it's best to add the numbers (with the appropriate country and area codes) to your mobile contact list. As long as they are in you contact list, when your friends and family download the app, they will be automatically added.
- Cost: Free
- This app allows you to make deposits (up to a certain amount) from anywhere, schedule an appointment, and locate the nearest Wells Fargo ATM. It's been great for us living overseas because we have a rental property in Texas and other accounts in the US that sometimes results in us getting cheques in US dollars here. Typically, you'd have to mail in the cheque to a Wells Fargo branch to have it deposited, which could take up to 6 weeks. With this app, it's done instantly. It's also very secure. The app wouldn't even let me take a screenshot on my mobile BEFORE logging in.