Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Stupid signs and their words"

A short aside for your enjoyment then business as usual:

We had to go to Target last night to get some things for the house and for the game today. We were there around 9 PM. We starting talking about how we probably wouldn't be able to do things like this for much longer. We were told things shut down pretty early in Aberdeen. We were exhausted after having only 4 days to completely clear our house and pack what needed to be packed from closets to make everything "show ready", so we decided to get a movie (The Avengers) and some Starbucks. I'm really not a fan of Starbucks, but my boss gave me a gift card because yesterday was my last day. I got a chai latte. Well done Starbucks. There's something you make pretty well.

Funny story to show how tired we were after this week. On the way out of Target, Steve tried to go through the wrong doors (Entry side). Then, after turning to follow me, he walked ahead and stood still for a minute in front of another set of doors as I walked through the automatic doors next to him. He was waiting in front of the ones you have to push open yourself.


I was laughing... "Strike two, Steve!" He was just so tired that he wasn't paying attention. He looked at me and said, "I should have paid more attention to the signs. Stupid signs and their words!" HAHA. Steve really makes me laugh sometimes.

Anyway, I posted my car on autotrader.com. It's cute so hopefully it will sell quickly. We don't have much time left.

It costs $25 to post for 3 weeks and $50 for 8 weeks. Our local newspaper charges almost $50 for 4 days! Does anybody have some other ideas for reputable ways to advertise a car for sale? I don't want to post on something like Craigslist and get the scary people or people who are looking for really, really good deals such as me paying for half the car for them. I got a call about my car this afternoon. I'm asking $14,500, and the guy said he would give me $10,500. Is he insane? That is ridiculous. I told him that I am already losing money because I've posted it lower than what I owe on my loan. Can't blame a guy for trying I guess, but that's a rip! My car is competitive with prices in this area for that model.

We also had somebody look at the house today. It was kind of weird being away and knowing that strangers were going through our house to possibly claim it as their own. More are scheduled to come see it tomorrow.  I think I'll feel better about selling my house when I have something in Aberdeen that I love. On that note, Steve told me today that we only have 2 days for house hunting in Aberdeen. Do you know how many houses we looked at before buying this one? I, of course being the one with the "Let's do it!" riskier personality, wanted several that we looked at, and Steve, being the more calculating and cautious one, did not always agee. The result of these personalities was that we looked at 81 houses (bid on 3 that we lost) before we found we could both confidently purchase. However, we don't have time to look at 81 houses in 2 days! Maybe since we are leasing and there is less pressure, we will be able to confidently make a decision in those 2 days. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on house hunting! Alan and I looked at 30 houses in 2 1/2 days when we came to St. Paul. I'll be thinking of you guys and hope you find something absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! How did you do that? Did you have a coffee IV?

      Delete
    2. We had a very organized and dedicated realtor.....who might have been on a coffee IV.

      Delete

I am happy to hear from you!