Thursday, April 4, 2013

"WELCOME TO THE PITSTOP"



That's the sign that greeted us for lunch today. The Pitstop is a little cafe down the A96 between Inverurie and Huntly. It's on the right coming from Aberdeen, and if you get to the exit for Touched by Scotland, you've gone too far. What you may find very amusing about this cafe is that the picture above is not a picture of the sign; it's a picture of the cafe.

            

As you are driving past, you may glance at this old bus with cars around it and think that this is just your typical rest stop full of vehicles including one very old looking bus.

"This place looks like a piece of crap. If I'd noticed this was a cafe on my own, I wouldn't have pulled over to eat here."

"I was actually thinking that too."

"Let's go in."

"Yeah. I'm hungry."

Never judge a book by it's cover. If you climb aboard, you'll find a little cafe with pretty good food that is all made fresh! The coffee was good too. That's important for me. Don't get me wrong. It's no 5-star restaurant, but for a cafe... it's good. :o) Also, who wouldn't want to eat on a bus converted into a cafe? Worth the drive? Yes. Oh, and prepare to get really cozy with the person sharing your bench; it's very small.


Another positive point about this place is that you can sit and enjoy the sheep walking around outside.

Just for Fun:

"Never judge a book by it's cover.".... Wiki.answers.com says the origin is:

-1944 in the American journal American Speech as "you can't judge a book by its binding".

In 1946 the phrase first appeared in the murder mystery novel Murder in the Glass Room (by Edwin Rolfe and Lester Fuller) as "you can never tell a book by its cover."

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love the Pitstop! That is so funny you are literally 4 miles from my family home so it's nice to see this on your blog.

    Hope you are enjoying beautiful Aberdeenshire :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go there! Not sure how much cooking we'll be able to do with all of these fun restaurants you've been finding :)

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!