Friday, January 18, 2013

Aberdeenshire city webcams, kale recipe, and steps in new directions

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
-Chinese Proverb- 


Today I went to a Bible Study. The study we are using is called Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer. I've never been part of a Bible study group before so this is new to me. The women were all very nice, and the sermon via DVD was interesting. I enjoyed it. However, I didn't know that I'd have homework to do for the next 5 days! It's really okay with me. I will learn a lot from this. The first question she asked was, "How has your life been interrupted lately?" Good question.


Moving on.
It's supposed to sleet and/or snow over the next few days here. Things could get pretty ugly. It's already very icy. Those snowtrax are very good! I have no trouble walking on the ice. Want to see the weather forecast?

Forecast Summary

  • Friday

    Sleet and snow showers will become more frequent and heavier across Aberdeenshire during the day. Moray will remain mostly dry and bright. Cold with strong southeast winds.


Kung Fu has been going well. We've been to two classes now. During the second class, we all got yelled at a lot!

"Sink lower."
"Bend more."
"Get your knee about 2 inches from the ground. Further!"
"Don't move unless I tell you to move."
"Alright then, everybody give me 15 push-ups."

Somebody moved? Or wasn't low enough? Geez I hope it wasn't me. I told Steve that this one was probably his fault because I heard him getting berated for not being low enough in his horse stance (it's like a squat.. sort of). haha. I haven't been punished with exercise for other people's mistakes since I was in middle school! It was good though. Discipline is good at all stages in your life. It humbles you and reminds you that you always have more to learn. 

I think my legs need a jump start. They actually completely gave out on me during that session, and I sank to the ground just barely recovering before he saw me. I've never reached 100% muscle fatigue before now. It's like somebody clips a nerve, and then your muscle instantaneously ... stops. Man, I'm going to have some strong legs in a year or so. I'll work hard to make sure that I do; I don't want to be the reason we all have to do more push-ups!

Anyway, my grandma asked me to post this recipe for cooking kale. It's from the book Randi sent me.

Ingredients:
  • Shredded kale
  • 1 tsp grated ginger root
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 10 ml or about 2-3 tsp of butter
Melt the butter in a pan, and then toss in the kale. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Then, add the ginger and soy sauce. Toss it around, and let it cook another 1-2 minutes. All done! Easy, right? And it's yummy.


Just For Fun:

I found some website that have webcams so that you can check out things over here. Some have a slow refresh rate, but you still get a good image. Check it out! Notice the links are .gov.uk links so they are safe.

This one is in Aberdeen:
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/xwc_webcamlist.asp

 Here is a site that links to webcams in different cities such as Banchory and Stonehaven, which we loved:
www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/webcams/index.asp

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the recipe! I'm always up for trying new sides. I feel like I always do the same thing. Question though: Doesn't kale shrink quite a bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. So use the entire thing...or if you get it in a bag preshredded, use about 3/4

      Delete

I am happy to hear from you!