Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Aberdeen view, findings in an old desk, and simple products for a healthier life.

I love that I see stuff like this as I walk around Aberdeen. I'm sure locals take it for granted. I'll never get tired of seeing it...so I say now. :o)

I went to the auction again today. Three boxes of coins went for £65. A tea set went for £120. I really need to educate myself about items. More Antique Roadshow? Yes, please. Pam, we should totally start an Antique Roadshow/Storage Wars night. :)

Anyway, today I also began restoring my secretary desk. I'll post before and after pictures when I'm finished. Look what I found in the desk. It's not worth much, but it's still neat!
I'm learning all kinds of new things. I really like working on furniture. It's so peaceful and satisfying... and you can bitch all you want to furniture without it telling you that you are being ridiculous. :)  Must be one of the reasons why my friend Jennifer enjoys taxidermy... they don't talk back either... as far as I know.

Moving on. I found some new items today to put toward my simpler life. I discovered them at Holland and Barrett in the Trinity Center. Here they are:
 This soap only has 3 ingredients! THREE!



Less many harmful things! Sainsbury's and Boots sells this.

I was told that this is a good everyday moisturizer; just add a little water in your hand with a drop or two! It's also good for your hair (couple of different testimonies from people I know who have used it!) if you use a little in the shower after shampooing! The girl in the store told me that she adds a few drops to her body lotion. Another family friend told me that her husband used it during treatments that were causing him to lose hair and have itchy scalp. It cured all of that!

I'm really just fascinated that there are so many natural options. Do they work as well as all the chemical options? I don't know, but I'm willing to give it a try. Are you?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! No, the animal skins don't talk back, thank goodness, however, sometimes our tools get aggressive and bite. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!