Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Something's Gotta Give

I need a break from sorting through and uploading parts of my 700 Italy-based photos. hehe. Some weeks I'm just exhausted. I think I seriously need to limit my activities. I have Kung Fu training 3-4 times a week. I run at least once a week. I have a Bible study once a week, and I'm in the following AWA clubs:
  • Book Club
  • Stitchin' Chicks
  • AWA Walkabouts
  • Happy Hour (which I organize)
  • Mahjongg
  • Culinary Caravan (Dinner once a month together with spouses)
Something has to give. I can't keep running around doing all of these activities and still find time for my husband, my dogs, myself, and time to maintain relationships with friends outside of these activities. (Oh man, as I'm reading this for errors, I'm feeling really bad about myself. Here I sit complaining about all these things in my life that loads of people don't get to do. Ugh. Sorry. Still though, too much of anything can run you down, can't it? Moving on.)

We all know that I'm not giving up Kung Fu or the Bible study. Walkabouts are healthy. I organize happy hour. Mahjongg makes me think. Culinary Caravan... well.. I like food. I'm also really trying to learn how to knit.


Honestly, I'm thinking that book club has to go. To each his own, but all the drama, true-to-life, stories of people struggling and dying are just not my cup of tea. I like action and adventure! I like sci-fi and supernatural. I read because I DON'T WANT REAL LIFE. That's why it's fun! Okay, yes sometimes I read scientific articles or books such as Guns, Germs, and Steel  ->



I will occasionally admit that some book that made me a weeping mess was indeed a good book, but I prefer to have my way when it comes to my hobbies. :) If I'm not interested, reading feels too much like homework, and then it's not fun. You know what I mean? Right now I'm reading a series about the Fae. I'm too addicted to them (Thanks Ana) to put them down and read something else, especially if it's sad. Want to stay up late because you can't put the book down? Check out this series. It's a little slow at first, but the story gains more depth as you read. Just when I think I've got things figured out, Karen Moning tricks me again! I'm currently on the third book in the series, FaeFever.

 And this is next on my list of series I want to read! Has anybody read it?

 Got any other great book suggestions in line with my interests? :o)

2 comments:

  1. I'm right with you on the books thing. But you know that already ;)
    I think you would get a kick out of 'The Lies of Locke Lamora'. It jumps all over the place, gets complicated at times, but it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I was reading the synopsis: " Camorr...home to feral children... " hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!