Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Letters to mobile phone users

Mobile phone etiquette is something they should start teaching before you can buy a cell phone. One 15-minute slide show could change my world. Since I don't have the courage to say what I want to these people, I've decided to write letters to them instead... on my blog.

To the guy playing games loudly on his phone in the waiting room at the doctor's office:

Can you not see the sign? It CLEARLY says to turn off your mobile phone. If we can follow the rules, so can you. Also, please note that while standing in the recessed corner by the window makes it so that most of us cannot see you, it is NOT a sound proof corner. We can still hear your annoying game. If you cannot resist digital adventures for 10 minutes, at least turn off the sound. We aren't going to jump up and congratulate you when we hear the cheers in your game. It only makes me want to take your phone and SMASH it.

Thank you and sincerely,


P.S. While you were so engaged, the rest of us were giving you dirty looks with nods of confirmation across the room.


To the person walking down the sidewalk while texting:

If you cannot stand to the side for 2 minutes or put down your mobile phone long enough to cross the street or walk a few blocks, I will not dodge you. I will in fact, purposely alter my course to run into you. I hope that I am the thing you run in to instead of a car. That is all.

Thank you and sincerely,

To the woman on the bus talking too loudly on her mobile about sensitive issues:

I don't care who knocked up your friend. I also don't care about your medical issues in your private bits. I'm sure the children on the bus do not need to hear your crude biology lessons either. Your private conversations can wait. Pull your head out of your butt and be aware of those around you. If you think you don't have to be considerate; that's your right. It's also my right to think you are an idiot and tell people about it.

Thank you and sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!