Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My first Thai massage

Kung Fu has gotten the best of me. My back is sore. My quads are burning and feel solid like rocks (not in a good way). My calves never seem to stop aching. I've tried stretching every day and night. I use the foam roller. I take vitamins and protein. I guess my body just isn't equipped to handle this without some extra outside help.

I decided to go in for a 90 minute Thai massage. It was one of the most painful massages and also the best massage I've had. She pressed and pulled. She dug fingers and elbows into my muscles and joints (got the hips really well!). She stepped on me. Twisted, popped, and arched me. Some parts were painful but felt really good at the same time. A lot of the pain was because I was sore, but now I'm feeling so much better! She said she could tell that my muscles were tight and really sore. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. I'm feeling good! If you haven't had one, I recommend trying a Thai massage. She said she works on lots of runners, so I guess it's good for recovery. I feel like all the kinks have been worked out.

Here is where I went in Aberdeen:

Bangkok Palace
Image from Bangkok Palace website

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!