Monday, October 21, 2013

Slains Castle - The pub in Aberdeen, not the ruins

This past Friday, I organized an AWA happy hour at Slains Castle in Aberdeen. I thought it was appropriate for our October happy hour because they keep it sort of creepy inside and serve drinks with creepy names such as the seven deadly sins. All in all, it was a good experience. Some of us dressed in costumes, which was fun! The place had a sort of Gothic feel to it. The drinks were reasonably priced, and the food wasn't bad for pub grub. Although, I did hear one person mention that the sharing platter they ordered, which had some items such as cheesy bread and fried spring rolls, wasn't that great. Burgers were good.

They had live music that started around 9:30 PM. The first guy was great! The second band was okay. The only problem was that it was so loud that we could no longer talk. Be prepared for that if you go on a live music night. Either plan to go somewhere later if you want to continue talking, or plan to be there because you want to listen to the music. I was sad to see that there weren't many people there, especially on a Friday night. I think the place has great potential, but perhaps would do better if they worked on their advertising. Don't be intimidated! Stop by and have a drink in this very interesting and laid back pub on Belmont Street.





I love Grease!


They spelled my name wrong... hehe

Steve's friend from Houston who just moved to Aberdeen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!