Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Good-byes are hard

It's crunch time now. Things fell through with the last offer on our house. They were unreasonable. Steve is still trying to sell his car. I am spending my days organizing things so that I can easily put a "Storage" or "Aberdeen" sticky note on cabinets, drawers, and other items for the movers. Movers make me so nervous. The company who moved us from Minnesota to Texas stole about $700 worth of MY stuff. I think I'm going to do a video inventory. I'm trying to figure out what I will do with all my plants, cleaning supplies, and food when the time comes. Anybody want any of these items?

We will probably be leaving sometime between the 5th and 9th of November. It's strange that so much is going on and our life is about to change tremendously, yet here we are driving to Kung Fu like any other regular Monday.

I'm not good at "good-bye". I'm a sensitive being. We had a party with our friends Friday night to say good-bye. We played arcade games at the 1820 Lounge in Houston. I was a little upset that they had sold the Tempest game. However, I did enjoy Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, X-Men, Burger Time, Marble Madness, Pinball, and air hockey amongst others! We are really going to miss all of these guys. Here are a few images of friends from some of our last times to hang out recently.


 



We've tried to see as much of our families as possible in the last couple of months. Mine just left Sunday from a weekend of German food and just hanging out at my house. I'm really going to miss our family. I'm already looking forward to when they will arrive in Scotland next summer, especially my sisters. They mean more than the world to me. As sisters, we fight, argue, and say stupid things to each other sometimes, but that will never alter the fact that they are my sisters, and I love them unconditionally. See... I'm all sappy. Anyway, here are a few great pics from some recent family outings!

My cousins, Chris, Patrick, Rachel, and I


Steve and his brother, Eric

Steve, Mama S, Eric, and Papa S


Me and Eric being silly

At Rudi Lechners

Steve, Grandma Brenda, and Sawyer


Aunt Stacy and Me

My sisters and I

My mom being silly. :o)

Love to you all. Peace and good night. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!