Saturday, December 8, 2012

His Majesty's Theatre and a local pub

Today started a bit rocky and ended a bit rocky. I have a cold and so does Steve. I baked all of those cookies, and couldn't go to Mahjong to participate in the exchange because I was sick and didn't want to get them sick. Also, Steve and I bought tickets to the theatre, and I wanted to be well enough to enjoy it. I stayed home, rested, and made ham and potato soup based on this great recipe that I found! I added a couple of shallots instead of the celery, and it turned out great! Top it off with some goat cheese!

For my birthday, Steve took me to His Majesty's Theatre to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, a pantomime.

Photo courtesy: http://www.boxofficeaberdeen.com/events/snow-white-the-seven-dwarfs


It was soooooo funny. One character, Betty, was played by a man, and he was hilarious! We laughed so much. Sometimes we couldn't understand what they were saying, or we didn't get a joke because we couldn't understand the reference. haha. For example, they made several jokes where they referred to another town or the residents of that town. We didn't know where most of those places were or what the town was like, so we didn't always get the jokes! One of the best parts was when they danced to Gangnam Style, and then they made the entire audience stand up and dance! Everybody, young to old, did it. It was so fun! I recommend it if you are in this area. Steve said he thought it was pretty great. We both walked out smiling and laughing.



The theatre was small, but beautiful!


On our way home we stopped at the Masada Bar. It was a small place, and they only take cash, but everybody there was very friendly. We met a couple there who we ended up talking with the rest of the night. They even took us to a karaoke bar. They were really nice, and we were having a great time, but unfortunately since Steve and I both have colds, we had to abandon my almost full pint, and say goodnight. All in all, even though I was sick and had a terrible headache, I had a pretty good birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!