Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sickness, coffee, hot dogs in a can, my cousin's first album, and a new baby

“Whether we’re prepared or not, life has a habit of thrusting situations upon us.”
~Lucille Ball~


Back in the saddle, again. Well, almost. I have been so sick lately. I could have posted each day, but it would have gone something like this:

"Today I slept in because I was up until 4 AM coughing. I stayed up watching TV or playing video games (while coughing) until I could sleep due to exhaustion. I called the doctor and told them that I may have bronchitis, may have broken a rib from coughing, and haven't been sleeping. They told me, 'Sorry, we can't fit you in. Try tomorrow morning.'  I try to walk the dogs, and although I do fine when I'm out with them, I end up coughing a lot back at home."

OR

"Today I woke up feeling okay. I ate breakfast and tried to read more of The Lord of the Rings. However, my head was pounding so badly after about 45 minutes that all I could do was sit on the couch and stare at the TV until the Sudafed kicked in."

Many days were one or both of those. I did get out with Steve for a few hours last Saturday. We went for coffee and sandwiches at Rosie's Cafe. Apparently they close the kitchen at 2:30 PM, so don't expect anything warm after that.

I love those little buttery cookies. :o)

We didn't stay out long because I wasn't feeling well, and after Steve's credit card was declined at the butcher's and some other places, we decided to go home. Turns out, his credit card number was stolen. We had to order a new card.

Saturday night I was feeling pretty restless so we decided to play some Yahtzee! Steve actually got a Yahtzee once.  I love this game!

Steve got a full house in one roll... hehe.

I got a large straight in one roll! Impressed?
Later, we called our friends Sean and Erica. We had a good long chat with them. I realized how much I've missed them as it set in that I couldn't just jump in the car to drive to their house. :( 

On Monday I loaded up on the meds so that I could get out of the house. I walked to Starbucks for a coffee and to do some writing. Sometimes I like to just get out and jot down some of my thoughts or dreams.

No, you get to see the blank page.
I also got the rest of the house unpacked. The sitting room is finally put together. The guest room upstairs is finished, and the office/guest room downstairs is almost complete. Steve hasn't even started on his drum room. It's a wreck. In all fairness, he's been sick too and very busy with work.

Tuesday we headed out to the grocery store. I got some stuff to make Rachel Ray's baked fish and asparagus recipe. It's very good! While we were there, we saw some "American Style Hot Dogs" that you may find amusing because we do NOT eat hot dogs from a can. Personally, I've never had hot dogs from a can... sausages, yes, but not hot dogs. Have you? I'm honestly curious what these taste like, but not enough to buy them yet.


In more serious news, my great grandma Bost has been sick with a cold too. My little sister, Chloe, has flu-like symptoms but tested negative for the flu. She has been running a fever for days. My great grandma Brooksie is still very sick. She's not getting better; she's mostly unresponsive and isn't eating much. I love her, and she is so dear to me. I fear that the phone conversation I mentioned a while back could have been our last. Please keep her and my family in your thoughts and prayers.



Sickness. So much of it. Let's end with happiness. My cousin, Jeremy, is about to release his first album. You can follow or check it out here.



Also, my cousin, Jolea, just had what is hopefully her last surgery on her palate. My cousin Jenna just graduated from college. Frog seems to be getting better. Steve is now officially on holiday. Our friends Josh and Kristy just had their daughter last night!  So many things that create a variety of emotions can be thrust on us all at once. Cheers to Lucille Ball.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! I woke up with a fever and pounding head yesterday morning and got really worried that I was coming down with the flu. Thank goodness, it was just a migraine. That's when you know the flu is bad...when you're thankful for a migraine instead:)
    I'll be praying hard for your sick family members. And remember that if you ever need anything, I'm just a mile down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love yatzee!!! it is my fav game! hope things are getting better for you. still praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to hear from you!