Friday, December 21, 2012

Scottish Traditional Recipes and a brief night out

Steve took off work today. I had my usual head cold going on. Sudafed is my friend right now. We got to talk to Mama S today. It's so nice being able to talk to family. Sky has a deal where you can talk to anybody in the UK and US at no additional cost as long as it's less than 59 minutes.

I got a delivery today! It was my Christmas gift from my friend, Randi.






Steve has already picked out the following dishes that he wants to try:

  • Rocket soup with kiln-smoked salmon
  • Cullen Skink (Soup with haddock. Cullen is a small fishing port on the east coast of Scotland, and the word "skink" means "an essence" or "soup")
  • Clam Stovies
  • Queenies with smoked Ayrshire bacon ("Queenies" are princess scallops)
  • Roast fillet of beef with wild garlic sauce
  • Baked tomatoes with mint
  • Malt whisky truffles

I finally got out of the house for a bit tonight. I went to eat a belated birthday dinner with my friends Kristin and Jill. They are such nice, friendly gals. We went to Bhan Thai. It's really good and the staff are very friendly. You can see reviews here. It made me feel so much better to be out and around good company. Healing is one part mental. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to hear from you!